Tonight is the final Presidental Debate of 2012 and may also be, in the opinion of Hope n' Change Cartoons, the night that Mitt Romney clinches the election by performing a chainsaw-style autopsy on Barack Obama's foreign policy.
Those on the Left claim that foreign policy is actually the president's strong suit - which isn't surprising considering the disastrous nature of his domestic policies. Still, there are a few foreign policy issues which the president may find difficult to talk his way out of:
• Why did Mr. Obama whisper to Russia's president (and an open mic) that he'd have "more flexibility" after reelection to cut back our missile defense system in a way pleasing to Russia's Vladimir Putin? And is this why Putin is now more relaxed about rattling nuclear sabers?
• Why does Mr. Obama refuse to answer any questions about the successful terror attack in Benghazi except when he's appearing on Dave Letterman, The View, or Comedy Central?
• Why did Mr. Obama support destabilizing uprisings in Libya and Egypt, but offer no support to demonstrators in Syria or Iran?
• Why has Mr. Obama given billions of taxpayer dollars to Brazil, Columbia, and Mexico to drill for oil, while cutting back access to American drilling fields and generally crippling our fossil fuel industries?
• In response to an Al-Qaeda terror attack that killed Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans, why did the president go to the United Nations and announce "the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam"?
• Has Mr. Obama secretly collaborated with Iran on the timing of a possible "October Surprise" announcement of a potential deal to (finally) allow inspections of nuclear enrichment facilities in return for the removal of economic sanctions? And as a follow-up, why are those sanctions even in place if foreign policy "expert" Joe Biden says Iran's enrichment of uranium isn't even a meaningful threat?
• Why is the president ready to throw away our military gains in Iraq and Afghanistan?
• Why is this Commander-in-Chief willing to slash the budget of the military with "sequestration" after his administration (and political party) was completely unable and unwilling to trim any significant expenses from the budget?
• Most importantly, after four years of foreign policy disasters, why do our allies now doubt us and our enemies not respect us? Is the world a better place than it was four years ago?
Frankly, Hope n' Change expects Mitt Romney to mop the floor with Obama tonight - barring interference from moderator Bob Schieffer or, possibly, the Secret Service.
And we expect to enjoy every minute of it.