Friday, July 23, 2010

250 Followers!



In yet another devastating setback for the Obama administration and its unindicted co-conspirators in the mainstream media,
Hope n' Change Cartoons just reached its offical 250th Follower!

Oh sure, it's not the
biggest number on the Internet...but look what 300 Spartans did when outnumbered at the Battle of Thermopylae! All we need is another 50 Followers and an infinite number of sit-ups and tummy-crunches and we're there!

Seriously, I want to say how grateful I am to EVERYONE who visits
Hope n' Change each day. It's fun to count the followers, but it's not really important...because everyone who visits is equally appreciated!

I'd like to point out that there are new little buttons under each day's post, allowing you to send an easy (and non-spamming) link to friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other services. That's the best possible way to help Hope n' Change grow...and I'm extremely grateful to everyone who either shares a link or puts our cartoons on their own blogs and websites.

You'll note that
Hope n' Change is still an ad-free website. I don't make a dime from what I do here, but still feel it's important because A) it gives me a chance to vent, B) it allows me to cheer and hopefully inspire others, and C) because it helps create a sense of community for everyone who visits...a place to be with like-minded friends, and to be reminded that there's not only strength in numbers, but that it really rattles the opposition when they hear us laughing.

I am sincerely honored and humbled by the opportunity to create cartoons and commentary for such a diverse and discerning group of people. Keep coming back, keep spreading the word, and
please visit the "comments" section each day to add your voice to the mix! I can put out the pretzels and beer...but it's up to all of you to make this into a party!

Speaking of which:
"Obama!"

Now you have to chug your drinks and pour a fresh one!


-Stilton Jarlsberg, MD



And don't forget...


Johnny Optimism is Stilton Jarlsberg's new webcomic, updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Johnny faces a lot of challenges, but always tries to keep a good attitude no matter how bad things may get. Or when they get worse. And worse than that.

In other words, Johnny is just like the rest of us...coping with Life's indignities and unpleasant surprises the best way he knows how. And taking us along for the hilariously disturbing ride.

10 comments:

CT Yankee said...

Hope n' Change is my daily oasis in this desert of despair. Thank you, Stilton, for helping us to know that we're not suffering alone and for your voice so that we no longer will suffer in silence. Our voices must be heard loud and clear in November!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stilton, 250 is a quarter of a million! Not bad. Congratulations. How soon do you get a direct line from the Whitehouse? Or get invited to share drinks?

Anonymous said...

Doc,

Your the first site I visit evey morning. Couldn't think of a better way to start the day with my coffee. Being the only conserative in a house of 4 liberal sons (wife is a moderate) I need to be inspired. I have passed this site on to many people and tell them not to miss it.

I did show my oldest the strip about healthcare (astroid insurance) and he did see the satire (but more importantly the point). It takes time to change minds but if you ask me that is the change that Obama (drinking now) is bringing. People changing their minds about him. Hey, maybe you can use that in a strip.

Good luck and don't stop until he's building houses with Carter.

Bobo said...

I, too, look forward to your daily cheer and always tell my friends if they want the "truth" (because I know they can handle the truth), Hope n' Change tells the truth and even explains it in simple, understandable language. Something even O'Blah Blah Blah (is that one drink or three?)and his cronies Pelosi and Reid (is that one upchuck or two)can read.

Stilton Jarlsberg said...

Readers- Many thanks for the nice comments! Like any good dweeb with a website, I like to check the stats each day to see how many people came by for a visit. But numbers are just...numbers.

What's really meaningful to me is when I hear from individuals (like you!) who let me know they enjoy the cartoons with their morning coffee, share them with friends, or use them to torment liberals.

Knowing that there are real people behind the daily readership numbers is what gives me the strength each day to turn on the computer, pinch my nose, and sort through the news to see what muck needs raking.

You guys make it worthwhile and fun...and the comments you add on a daily basis make this site wiser and more substantial than I could ever do on my own.

So thanks again - and keep coming back!

Tim said...

I'm one of the 6 following Johnny Optimism. I love it! How about luring readers by offering Johnny wallpaper - "Because that which does not kill us just makes us endure pain that much longer!"

Quite Rightly said...

Congratulations, Stilton! You have set yourself a mighty task! I love watching you get to the heart of issues.

Linked at Bread upon the Waters.

Stilton Jarlsberg said...

Timothy- Glad you're enjoying Johnny! And I like your quote, too - is that an original?

Quite Rightly- I haven't deliberately set myself a mighty task; I feel like I've been drafted because circumstances won't allow me to stay silent.

Pete(Detroit) said...

Some are called to greatness, others have it fly up their nose, and just HAVE to share it.
Thanks again, Stilt!

Tim said...

Stilton,
I thought it fit Johnny quite well. Feel free to use it, my gift to you. AFAIK, it's my original twist on Nietzsche.